b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] reading the massoretic notes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] reading the massoretic notes
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:14:36 +0100

At 16:41 25/05/2005, you wrote:

Hi everybody.
What are the helpful books/ websites that could help me understanding the massoretic notes?

Initially, have a look at one of the guides to BHS, such as:
Wonnenberger, Reinhard. Understanding BHS: a Manual for the Users of Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartiensis. Subsidia biblica - 8. Rome: P.B.I, 1990.
or: William Scott: Simplified Guide to BHS

Later on, when you want to go into greater detail, these two books should be a help:

Kelley, Page H., and Daneil S. Mynatt, eds. The Masorah of B.H.S. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998.

Yeivin, Israel. Introduction to the Tiberian Masorah. 5. Masoretic Studies, Orlinsky, Harry M. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1980.

Regards,

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie

  • Re: [b-hebrew] reading the massoretic notes, Maurice A. O'Sullivan, 05/25/2005