b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Biblical Hebrew Semantic Dictionary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Reinier de Blois <editor AT sdbh.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Biblical Hebrew Semantic Dictionary
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:33:45 +0200

Dear Tim,

The project is very much alive. We are working hard on it. If you want to know more, have a look at our website:

http://www.sdbh.org

There you will also find the first 1463 entries that are ready. Comments and suggestions are more than wellcome!

Best wishes,

Reinier de Blois

Tim Lewis wrote:

Can anyone help me with the following:

1) Does anyone know whether the Semantic Dictionary of Biblical Hebrew (SDBH
or whatever it might now be called) is still on the go. Dr Reinier de Blois
of the United Bible Societies was to undertake it in 2001. If the project is
still going how might we make contact with him or know how to refer to the
project? I found something from 2004
http://academic.sun.ac.za/as/cbta/projects_translation.htm referring to A
Biblical Hebrew Semantic Dictionary.

2) Is the Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Aramaic
(Old Testament) still only available in electronic form?

Thanking you in advance.
Tim Lewis
(on behalf of Terry Fella, Syriac Lexicographer, Melbourne, Australia)