b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: b-hebrew Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: b-hebrew Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:16:13 +1200 (NZST)

Chris wrote:-

> MY RESPONSE: I am not going to repeat Sujata, but I would like to add that
> in the context of EXODUS:34:7 this is not a very good argument to respond
> with. Since that in a sense this is not the children being punished for the
> sins of the Fathers at all. What is more, Bill, is that there was a clearly
> defined instruction via Joshua that was deliberately disobeyed. Exodus 34:7
> is not to be compared and its inherant meaning is far removed from the "door
> of Achan's trouble". (Hosea)

I'm glad you're not going to repeat Sujata because all he did was
read something into the text which clearly wasn't there.

I wasn't trying to compare Joshua 7 with Exodus 34:7. If I may repeat
what you claimed, it was this:-

>No where in the bible do we read about the children being punished for
>the sins of the fathers. And I would vehemently challenge anyone to show
>this.

It appears now that the clear meaning of the above two sentences are
not what you mean. So my question now is -- what are you claiming? I'm lost.

Bill Rea, IT Services, University of Canterbury \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'

  • [b-hebrew] Re: b-hebrew Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20, Bill Rea, 04/19/2005