b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] children bear punishment for sins of parents - Examples

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] children bear punishment for sins of parents - Examples
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:44 +0000

> Chris wrote:-
>
>>No where in the bible do we read about the children being
punished for the sins of the fathers. And I would
vehemently challenge anyone to show this.

Here:

Exd 34:7 I show this unfailing love to many thousands by
forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. Even so I do not
leave sin unpunished, but I punish the children for the
sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations."

Likewise Exd 20:5, Deu: 23:8, Num 14:18, Deu 5:9 - that is
just the third and fourth generation. Deu 23:2-3 goes into
the 10th generation.

Jack Tladatsi