b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] How the Hebrew grew - E. Horowitz

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] How the Hebrew grew - E. Horowitz
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:49:03 +0100

I have Edward Horowitz's book and must say that it is an excellent and
readable book if you are learning modern hebrew.

However, there are some VALUABLE points in his book that help to clarify
some of the whys and wherefores of biblical hebrew simply because he traces
things backwards to their usage. Things that would be helpful if they were
included in the modern biblical hebrew books as well. Why they are not I do
not know, but his book clarified things for me even though his main theme is
about modern hebrew

Chris watts Ireland.

By the way the other book i have never heard of but thanks to you I will be
looking into that book since it has been recommended (by a scholar)!

  • [b-hebrew] How the Hebrew grew - E. Horowitz, wattswestmaas, 03/27/2005