b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:04 -0500

Jack:

Yesterday I read the NYT article which had no pictures, but it mentioned that
the two silver scrollettes were written on both sides and not all of the
writing was taken from the Bible. In the picture shown from Marianne‘s link
in HaAretz, I noticed what appear to be a samech and tsada in the text, which
indicates that this picture was not that of the priestly benediction as
neither letter is in the benediction.

Like you, I‘d like to see the whole megillah, and with better images, this is
just an apetizer.

Karl W. Randolph.