b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 90:8 (alumenu

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: lehmann AT uni-mainz.de
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 90:8 (alumenu
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:00:42 +0100

At 15:45 26/09/2004, lehmann wrote:

My question was not whether the Qal passive participle fulfills what is deserved syntactically in Ps 90:8 or not. I simply want to know the reason for lexicographers to parse as Qal pass.pt, though there is not a single other Qal of this verb, and, in my opinion, even is very unlikely for semantic reasons.

Reinhard:
I appreciate the point you are making ( and I doubt somehow if elementary remarks about participles are going to be any use to you <g> )

If you have access to the three-volume Anchor Bible treatment of the Psalms ( Dahood ), you will find a cross-reference at 19:13