b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Warning regarding attachments

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT whi.wts.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Warning regarding attachments
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:56:22 -0400

George F. Somsel wrote:
b-haverim,

I just noticed in reading a post that this forum is permitting
attachments unlike many other lists (Hmm -- how observant! I've probably
seen such many times). I had the misfortune recently to receive an
e-mail from a friend whom I thought was exercising his sense of humor in
attaching a particular file. Unfortunately, it contained a virus.

The administration setting for b-hebrew is for *no* attachments to be allowed. Nor for html to be allowed (scripts that do Bad Things can be embedded in html). This has never been permitted. If the email came directly from ibilio.org's servers, then I need to inform them their list software isn't working. But I have received no email attachments from b-hebrew.

One possibility is that the message sent to you was sent directly from another reader. Or the return address was "spoofed" as if it came from b-hebrew.

If you like, you can forward the message to me -- including all the Internet headers, and I can evaluate it.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--