b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mishna on veil

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kimmo.huovila AT helsinki.fi
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mishna on veil
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:50:06 -0400

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:19:13 +0300 Kimmo Huovila
<kimmo.huovila AT helsinki.fi> writes:
> I am sorry for an off-topic question, butI have a vague memory that
> the Mishna
> refers to veils as a piece of clothing, but I cannot find the
> references.
> Could anyone help me out?
>
> Kimmo

I don't see that there has been any response to this yet.

In "The second division: Appointed times" it says

6:1 With what does a woman go out, and with what does she not go out?
.
.
.
6:6 A. She goes out with a sela coin on a bunion
B. Little girls go out with threads and ships in their ears.
C. Arabian women go out veiled.

Neusner, J. _The Mishnah: A new translation_

george
gfsomsel