b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] BHS font

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Casanellas <pere.casanellas AT btlink.net>
  • To: Naomi Vandici <naomivandici AT yahoo.co.uk>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] BHS font
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:12:27 +0200

At 19:22 22/07/2004 +0100, Naomi Vandici wrote:
Hi everybody,

I wonder which is the font used in BHS4 for the (main)
text and whether there is a digitized version of it.
Can anybody help? (Sorry it doesn't have anything to
do with Biblical Hebrew.)

Shalom!
Naomi Vandici

It is a special font created to print this edition (see the Foreword of BHS, p. XI, section 1). I do not think there is an exact digited version of it. Linguist's Software (http://www.linguistsoftware.com/) has very good Hebrew fonts and its Hebraica II font has been licensed to produce the Biblia Hebraica Quinta. You can look also at the new font of the Society of Biblical Literature (http://www.sbl-site.org/Resources/default.aspx) and at the different fonts listed on my web pages (page 23), see below.

Best wishes,

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas AT btlink.net