b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Verse-splitting for Documentary Hypothesis marking of Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christopher V. Kimball" <kimball AT ntplx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Verse-splitting for Documentary Hypothesis marking of Torah
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:23:06 -0400

I'm in process of marking the Torah books of the Unicode/XML Tanach according to the Documentary Hypothesis using the source assignments of Richard E. Friedman in "Who wrote the Bible (Second Edition)". Unfortunately, many verses are split between sources and the break point in the Hebrew script isn't defined in his tables.

Would someone be willing to "split" verses for me, or at least, confirm my amateur decisions?

Chris Kimball