b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 4:7 nun samech heh instead of nun shin alef

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 4:7 nun samech heh instead of nun shin alef
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:51:47 -0500

A connected question: what form did ancient battle standards take?

It is my understanding that ancient standards were not flags, as were
European ones from a few hundred years ago to today, rather they were made of
poles topped with a polished or gold plated symbol that shone, sparkled or
flashed in sunlight. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

If the above is correct, then Psalm 4:7 is referring to having light “shine
upon us” with the verb listed as NSS &#1504;&#1501;&#1501;.

Karl W. Randolph.