b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Benjamin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "" <peterg45 AT excite.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Benjamin
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:09:00 -0400 (EDT)

Fellow HB's
I feel that one must refrain from reading too much into a single
vocabulary, such as Benjamin.
In English, originally "Red Neck" [I realize that is two words] referred
to a man's occupation - one who worked out in the sun in contrast to one who
worked in a shop or factory.
In our present age "Red Neck" has become a term to describe a person who
doesn't quite follow the norms of society and marries his cousin, etc. My
given name is "Gordon", which I think means "valiant one." However, I do not
ride around on a white steed rescuing ladies in distress.
The concept a word describes does change and develop!

Peter Gordon

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

  • [b-hebrew] Benjamin, , 07/03/2004