b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (Mic 2:10)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (Mic 2:10)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:56:09 -0500

Dear Harold:

You’re right about Job 16:3. And if we add three possible uses from Jeremiah
8:6, 22:7 and 23:10, there are a total of four definite uses, with three
possibles.

Not once does "to be sick" seem to fit. Nor difficult. Forceful, possibly.

1 Kings 2:8 refers to vile curses.

Micah 2:10 to a corrupted or vilified land

Job 6:25 how straight or upright words are corrupted or vilified? It’s in
niphal. Job was complaining about his three "friends" who were accusing him
of all sorts of wickedness that he never did.

Job 16:3 or what do you cause to vilify that you should answer? In other
words, shut up already if you don’t have a true answer. This is a similar
usage as for R$Y( in Proverbs 17:15

Assuming that MRC refers to corruption or vilification, Jeremiah 22:17 after
listing some other examples of corruption ends with "upon the vileness you
do". Jeremiah 23:10 talks about displeasing vileness. Jeremiah 8:6 all return
to their vileness as a horse is poured out into battle.

Qere for the Jeremiah passages lists a root of RWC to run.

Karl W. Randolph.