b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] on-line courses on biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Tony Costa" <tmcos AT rogers.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] on-line courses on biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:52:47 -0500

Yup. I actually printed out a collection of them.

http://www.bible101.org/hebrew/101.htm. Summary of basic grammar.

Quartz Hill School of Theology online courses; I didn't write down the url.
About a third of the course was there last time I looked.

Ancient Hebrew Research Center; Learn Hebrew, series of lessons. Only the
first few lessons are there.

Solomon Deutsch, New Practical Hebrew Grammar, 1868; online at
http://name.umdl.umich.edu/AFF6775. A typical advanced "basic" Hebrew
grammar.

None of these beat investing in a couple of books, like First Hebrew Primer
(for those who like excercises) and Teach Yourself Biblical Hebrew (for
those who prefer to learn by osmosis and then translate a few sentences).

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com