b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:22,28 ("replenish the earth"?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joshua AT can-do.net" <joshua AT can-do.net>
  • To: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:22,28 ("replenish the earth"?)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:42:56 -0500

Hello George :)

I used "Earthlings" (in quotations) because I was referring to Herman's
rendering of "ha’adam" (mankind) in this chapter (see below the statements
of his I was replying too). So yeah, your reading a little too much into
what I said :) I was not trying to indicate that I believe this is an
indirect reference to Martians here or anywhere else in the Bible! <egad!>

I cannot speak for Herman, maybe he can elaborate on his use of "earthlings"
and "replenish".

Sincerely,

Joshua Luna