b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis
  • Date: 04 Jun 2004 19:08 GMT

<David, you are misunderstanding.

I am writing from an agnostic point of view. I just state there is no direct
evidence that a redundance of material in for example the "Noah story" has to
be explained by this separation pattern between Yahwistic and Elohistic
writers.

Last one sounds good but is undemonstrable. It is even arbitrary and running
against the evidence which shows, there is no difference between both names.
Never.

One could construct, should one wish this, also different two stories of the
flood by recombining differently the redundant material.

Here is a logical fault of the DH theory.

It is entirely on the other hand the question: has one to split indeed the
Noah story for example, or are the redundancies, the general typical
phaenomena of ANE literature? I offered an example in Ugaritic literature.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael