b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <vadim_lv AT center-tv.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:47:16 +0300

Dear Peter,

>The analytic approach is not very helpful. <
Perhaps because it is not that analytical? There is Russian saying, Not
seeing forest behind the trees. Grammar courses usually present so many
trees without offering student a grand view of the language, making him
understand the logic of Hebrew, so that other rules he sees are simply
logical conclusions from these basic rules.

Best regards,

Vadim