b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Jericho

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Jericho
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:10:02 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 11:55 PM

> Dear Herman,
>
> I agree with the information you cited. I think a 1400 B.C.
> destruction for Jericho is what the Bible teaches.
>
> Yours,
> Harold Holmyard

Harold, even if you take the biblical accounts totally literally, the Bible
does not "teach" ANY particular date B.C.E.
As I posted earlier, the 1400 date is calulated by combining the biblcial
account with the external date for Shishak, which has been dabated for
years.

Now Herman, if you really want to be taken seriously on this list (or
anywhere else), please give us your evidence for 1558.

Yigal