b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Biblical study and ICT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tim Bulkeley <tim AT carey.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Biblical study and ICT
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 06:19:34 +1200

This does not fit the current thread on Is 53, but it should (I believe) be of interest to some on this discussion.

I have an invitation (if I can at the last minute) to put together a group of biblical scholars to take a 60-90 min slot at the Association Internationale Bible et Informatique in Louvain in July. I envisage 15min presentations and panel discussion around the theme "e-gesis : the impact of computer mediated communication on biblical interpretation" The idea would be as a panel to explore a bit what the new media of communication hypertext, blogs, email etc. do to our practice of biblical interpretation...

AIBI is not a bad place to do a presentation, not least because they publish refereed proceedings.

As the time is very short I'd be glad to hear soon (off list tim AT carey.ac.nz) from anyone who might be interested.

Tim

Dr Tim Bulkeley
New article: "Hypertext and biblical studies"
@ http://sbl-site.org/Article.aspx?ArticleId=261

University of Auckland Carey Baptist College

  • [b-hebrew] Biblical study and ICT, Tim Bulkeley, 05/20/2004