b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jer. 50, 51

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Julie Devall" <krena_li_mara AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jer. 50, 51
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:56:02 +0000

Dear Rolf,

First, I understand the necessity of narrowing ones' topic to a manageable corpus, but what you've done by working within what you've already *labeled* as prophetic skews your data. I'm asking you to look at the larger corpus, not just a small part which <i/may/> be *elevated* or *irregular* in some way (as in poetry...but not assuming that they are) , that is develop a baseline theory of tense (beyond your genre). Now, you may have done this, but to put your view in context, you would need to explain your findings, (which may take b-hebrew full circle...)

Now, if we review the b-hebrew archives where this has been discussed in detail, we see this done ad nauseum by men that are better than I ;)

Cheers,

Julie :)