b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew Flashcards Software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe AT crosswire.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Flashcards Software
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:11:09 -0700

b-hebrew,

At the risk of sounding like spam... We've finished a first public release of our free Flashcards application. Our hope is that it would be useful to you all in your learning and teaching endeavours.

We'd love to get feedback on the Hebrew support that Java delivers on various platform (the app should work on Windows, Linux, MacOSX, etc.) and recommendations on good, working (,free?) fonts, as well (off list to feedback AT crosswire.org, would be great).

Input methods for Hebrew include Michigan-Clairmont, and a custom configured keyboard from Patrick Durusau at SBL. Suggestions here would be greatly appreciated, as well.

In the future, we hope to have a native binary for various handheld PDAs soon, so your lessons will work on these devices, as well.

http://crosswire.org/flashcards/

Hope it's useful, and thank you for your research to make our tools the best they can be.

-Troy A. Griffitts
Director
CrossWire Bible Society
http://crosswire.org

  • [b-hebrew] Hebrew Flashcards Software, Troy A. Griffitts, 05/10/2004