b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: b-hebrew Digest, Vol 13, Issue 12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: b-hebrew Digest, Vol 13, Issue 12
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:39:23 +1300 (NZDT)

Peter wrote:-

> But, though you may not realise it in
> beautiful but far-away Christchurch (I was there last January), the
> world is multilingual and we simply can't all communicate with
> ISO-8859-1.

Sheesh, I asked you to hold the gratuitous insults and you throw me
another one!

Peter also wrote:-

> I guess you will say Latex, which is also free. Well, 20+ years
> ago I too used this kind of batch processing (remember nroff?) to
> produce formatted English text. Then I discovered WYSIWYG word
> processing, and have never looked back since. I can do WYSIWYG Hebrew
> word processing with OpenOffice and MS Office, and typesetting with MS
> Publisher. Why should I go back to the dark ages of batch processing?

I suggest you really do read the arguments regarding systems like TeX or
LaTeX as opposed to any WYSIWYG word processor you care to name. All your
comment above shows is that you don't know what you're talking about.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'