b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Preferred Unicode Hebrew font

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: peterkirk AT qaya.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Preferred Unicode Hebrew font
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:20:04 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2003 8:06:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
peterkirk AT qaya.org writes:

> On 29/12/2003 19:10, Ken Penner wrote:
>
> >>Would someone please recommend a Unicode Hebrew font capable
> >>of displaying cantillation marks?
> >>

> >The SBL Hebrew font is the best I've seen.
> >Email me if you're interested.
> >

> Has the SBL font actually been released yet? If so, it needs a proper
> announcement on several lists.

I have it. It came with an update from my Logos / Libronix software so I
don't know where it can be obtained since I don't see it on the SBL ftp site.

ftp://ftp.sbl-site2.org/fonts/windows/

The only thing a search for "SBL Hebrew" on the SBL web site produces is an
article on designing the SBL fonts.

http://www.sbl-site.org/Article.aspx?ArticleId=118

gfsomsel