b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] FROM THE B-HEBREW MODERATORS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT whi.wts.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lowery AT dca.net
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] FROM THE B-HEBREW MODERATORS
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:27:16 -0500

Friends,

We have just verified a technical problem with our discussion list software: if a message is sent to <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org> by placing this address in the "Cc:" field, you will receive a "bounce" error message from AOL.com saying the address <willeojanzen AT cs.com> is an unknown user. This address is not a subscribed member of b-hebrew.

This only happens when using the "Cc:" field for addressing messages to b-hebrew. If you use the "To:" field in your email software, you will not receive this "bounce."

Our thanks to Peter Kirk for bringing this to our attention.

We are reporting this problem to our hosts, ibiblio.org. Please understand that the moderators have no way to correct this level of problem and must depend upon the system administrators of ibiblio.org to diagnose and fix the problem.

In the meantime, we ask that you avoid using the b-hebrew email address in the "cc:" field when sending messages to b-hebrew. This will minimize the bounces to AOL.com and minimize *their* annoyance with us! :-)

Using the "cc:" field for addresses other than b-hebrew's does not appear to cause the problem.

As soon as we have news, we will report it here. Stay tuned!

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.
Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiss und nichts klappt.
Praxis ist, wenn alles klappt und keiner weiss warum.
Bei uns sind Theorie und Praxis vereint:
nichts klappt und keiner weiss warum!

  • [b-hebrew] FROM THE B-HEBREW MODERATORS, Kirk Lowery, 12/04/2003