b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Sebir reading in 2 Kings 23:25

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mark Wessner <mark AT wessner.ca>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Sebir reading in 2 Kings 23:25
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:32:30 -0700

Friends,

For 2 Kings 23:25, the apparatus of BHS (4th) notes two alternate readings for kkl: "nonn Mss Seb bkl" and "nonn Mss wbkl". If my memory is correct, Seberin readings refer to the Masora (which I do not have access to), but I am not sure what the other reference might be to. As the libraries were I live are quite limited (that's an understatement!), would any of you be able to tell me what texts/manuscripts these notes are referring to?

Thank you!

Mark

Mark D. Wessner
Professor of Religion