b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Jer 38:11

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Jer 38:11
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:25:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>

> At 11:44 PM 8/7/03 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I see absolutely nothing to do with menstruation in this verse.
>
> the fact that the noun is feminine..... while melachim is masculine.....
>
> Jim

Dear Jim:

But the form BLWY beluwi preceding both indicates that SXBWT and MLXYM are
both nouns, not adjectives. As such, they have their own genders. That, along
with the fact that they were stored in a place accessable for workmen,
indicates that they were not connected with menstruation.

Karl.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers