b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew-English Bible on the Internet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Bible Translation list <Bible-Translation AT kastanet.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew-English Bible on the Internet
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:13:49 -0700

I think someone on one of these lists asked recently about a Hebrew-English Bible on the Internet. I just found one, at http://www.mechon-mamre.org/. The Hebrew has vowels but no cantillation marks (but interesting to see that semicolons and commas have been added to reflect disjunctive cantillation marks). The English is the JPS 1917 version. You can read it a chapter at a time, or download the entire text - see the section of the home page on *offline* resources. This looks like a very useful resource.

--
Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com

  • [b-hebrew] Hebrew-English Bible on the Internet, Peter Kirk, 07/18/2003