b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Moses and the Exodus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Moses and the Exodus
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:30:32 -0400

As Yigal has stated, more scholars favor, for various reasons, a 13th
century Exodus rather than a 15th. If interested, I offer, FREE, zipped copy
of my "rough-draft" manuscript entitled "In Search of the Pre-Biblical
Origins of the Exodus Traditions" approximately 316 pages. The various
theories for an Exodus are presented with their strengths and weaknesses,
ranging from Early Bronze Age to Iron times (scholars who's views are
presented are Mendenhall, Albright, Garstang, Kenyon, Saggs, Hess, Bimson,
Rohl, Stager, Mazar, Rothenberg, Stern, Dever, Aharoni, Meshel, Aardsma,
Cohen, etc.). One will need Win-zip to unzip the file. Please direct
requests OFFLIST to mattfeld12 AT charter.net, if interested.

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 AT charter.net

  • [b-hebrew] Moses and the Exodus, Walter R. Mattfeld, 06/20/2003