b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ezra

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ezra
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:39:19 -0500

I don’t see any reason why not. Just look at the context. Ezra himself does
not appear in the book until Ezra 7:1. Ezra 1–6 chronicled what went on
before his appearance on the scene, and the last four chapters his personal
experiences. What little Hebrew in the first six chapters is not enough to
prove a difference in authorship, even if all he did was to redact what he
had received from others.

The Aramaic sections are merely “he said this” and “he did that” which, if
accurately reported, will show the styles of the “he” quoted.

Karl W. Randolph.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup