b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew: Chronology and Typology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ianyoung AT plato.arts.usyd.edu.au
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew: Chronology and Typology
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:35:30 +0000

Hi All,

I've just got back from the beach and noticed some interest in the volume I
edited:

Ian Young (ed), Biblical Hebrew: Chronology and Typology (JSOTSup; Sheffield
Academic: Sheffield, July 2003).

Never one to pass up a marketing opportunity, I append the table of contents
of the volume, for your information.

Ian Young
Sydney University

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Introduction

Part I: Studies Within the Chronological Framework: Pre-Exilic SBH and
Post-Exilic LBH

Mats Eskhult 'The Importance of Loanwords for Dating Biblical Hebrew
Texts'

Avi Hurvitz 'Hebrew and Aramaic in the Biblical Period: The Problem of
"Aramaisms" in Linguistic Research on the Hebrew Bible'

Frank Polak 'Style is More than the Person- Sociolinguistics, Literary
Culture, and the Distinction Between Written and Oral Narrative'

Gary A. Rendsburg 'Hurvitz Redux: On the Continued Scholarly
Inattention to a
Simple Principle of Hebrew Philology'

Richard M. Wright 'Further Evidence for North Israelite Contributions
to Late
Biblical Hebrew'

Part II: Challenges to the Chronological Model

Philip R. Davies 'Biblical Hebrew and the History of Ancient Judah:
Typology,
Chronology and Common Sense'

Martin Ehrensvärd 'Linguistic Dating of Biblical Texts'

Jacobus A. Naudé 'The Transitions of Biblical Hebrew in the
Perspective of
Language Change and Diffusion'

Robert Rezetko 'Dating Biblical Hebrew: Evidence from Samuel-Kings and
Chronicles'

David Talshir 'The Habitat and History of Hebrew during the Second Temple
Period'

Ian Young 'Late Biblical Hebrew and Hebrew Inscriptions'

Concluding Reflections

  • [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew: Chronology and Typology, ianyoung, 03/02/2003