b-hebrew - B-HEBREW TRANSITION NEWS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <klowery AT wts.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: B-HEBREW TRANSITION NEWS
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:42:27 -0500

TO ALL B-HEBREW MEMBERS:

On Monday, January 20th, we begin using our new address
<b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>. How will that work, exactly?

On Sunday, January 19th, at midnight GMT (7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard
Time), the co-chairs will open the new list for posting. You can begin
using the new list address at that time. On Monday at noon GMT (7:00
a.m. EST) the old address will be placed on "full-moderation." This
means that for about 12 hours you might receive postings from *both*
addresses of b-hebrew, the old and the new.

After 12:00 p.m. GMT, all postings to the old address will be "Rejected"
and you will receive a notice asking you to repost your message to the
new address. This will be done for all posts to the old address until
Monday, January 27th. After that, the old address for b-hebrew will no
longer be valid.

These transition steps were chosen partly in consideration of the global
nature of b-hebrew's membership, and partly for the convenience of the
co-chairs doing the work. :-)

We are confident that the transition to the new list will go smoothly.
We will do everything we can to promptly deal with any "bumps" in the
road. If you have questions or problems with your account, please
contact one of the co-chairs, listed below.

Your patience and good humor during this transition is greatly appreciated!

George Athas <gathas AT hotkey.net.au >
Kirk Lowery <klowery AT wts.edu >
Bryan Rocine <brocine AT twcny.rr.com >

  • B-HEBREW TRANSITION NEWS, Kirk Lowery, 01/18/2003