b-hebrew - The problem with 1 cor 15:53 'system' as support for 'HaYa'

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris Watts-westmaas" <watts-westmaas AT zonnet.nl>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The problem with 1 cor 15:53 'system' as support for 'HaYa'
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:13:10 -0500

Paul has in at least 2 places in his letters taken hold of prophecy and
altered a single word to show how it was fulfilled: Remember Isa 53 by His
stripes we are healed against his letter 'by His stripes you WERE healed.
There are other deviations but my point here is that Paul may well have
seen this scripture as cryptic AS WELL as grammatical and seen the play on
words between WHERE and I WILL BE. After all, contextually speaking, I
see a good case for solving the whole problem???