b-hebrew - bac.c.ar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "S. L." <lyosovs AT cityline.ru>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: bac.c.ar
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 01:23:14 +0300

   Right now I had a rapid look at the evidence as adduced in the c.ar II BDB entry and thought that it  permits one  to surmise that all the instances of  bac.c.ar +  prep. le  are verbs not nouns (against BDB), since, as it seems, there is no bec.ar li/lka (without article), but there are instances of  beyom c.ar li, beyom being a well-known relative element, roughly equivalent to ba`$er/ka`$er . The truth is there is bac.c.ar (e.g. Ps 4:2), without li, an undoubtful noun. Well, I began to experience doubts. Still, if we admit that c.ar li, mar li are verbs, they will probably survive as verbs in this syntactic transformation.
  Serge Lyosov

  • bac.c.ar, S. L., 12/01/2002