b-hebrew - Re: a poll (of sorts)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu, biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: a poll (of sorts)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:50:50 -0400

Hi Jim,

I am quite sure that the historical figure that the author of Esther had in
mind was Xerxes I. The empire (including control of Egypt) and the court
envisioned fit his prosperous reign, rather than the troubled times of
Xerxes II.
Yigal

At 08:08 PM 10/23/2002 -0400, Jim West wrote:
>i would like to ask the opinion of all...
>
>how many think Ahasureus was Xerxes I
>
>Xerxes II
>

>thanks (its just an informal poll... the fate of the world doesnt hinge
on it)

>jim
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Jim West, ThD
>Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
>Quartz Hill School of Theology
>
>Biblical Studies Resources
>http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dr. Yigal Levin
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue