b-hebrew - RE: Gen 15:6 feminine suffix?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bill Ross" <BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Gen 15:6 feminine suffix?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:37:12 -0500

Many thanks for the prompt replies and helpful replies.

My question then would be, if the suffix relates to an abstraction
("it") then would it not relate to the nearest subject/verb like so?:

"Abraham believed God, and [Abraham] counted it [the promise]
faithfulness?

Bill Ross
BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com