b-hebrew - Handheld Hebrew Bible Computer?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: JwReform AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Handheld Hebrew Bible Computer?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:14:35 EDT

Hello:

      While this might be considered treff, or treasonous, or beneath our dignity, I should like to ask a question of the group.

     I know that there are, for example, Hebrew/English handheld computers for business individuals.  They sell for about 200.oo, depending upon if they have a voice mode.  My question is:  "Is there a handheld Hebrew/English computer for the Tanach?"  That is, a handheld device that one could carry with them to a Torah or Tanach study meeting, and use at home.  For example, one could "punch in," Joshua 1:5, and get the Hebrew and English, hopefully with a voice transliteration.  I realize that this might be cheating but certainly not all of us are Hebrew scholars, and it could be, in my estimation, a very effective learning tool.

     If there is "no such animal" one of you who is a computer maven, might consider making one, selling it, and making a million.

Sincerely,
Thomas Roper