b-hebrew - Re: Fonts.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Andrew.Wergeland AT mf.no
  • To: Ian Goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Fonts.
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:35:50 +0200

Good Morning,

I still don't get it. What's the advantage of using this font over, say,
HebraicaII? Is it just that this one is free?

Andrew

At 09:25 27.09.02 +0100, you wrote:
>Good Morning All! Boqer Tov!
>
>On the subject of SIL fonts, the SIL Ezra font is
>superb. It's the first full font, with all the vowels
>and points etc., that I've used.
>For those of you like me that want to use it in Quark
>XPress, it works fine. Like Word however, you do have
>to turn of the 'smart' quotes in the preferences (this
>one tied me up for ages as I couldn't find the aleph!
>Thanks for the answer Peter).
>Anyway just thought I'd mention it, well done SIL!
>
>Thanks and Shabbat Shalom.
>Ian.
>

>=====
>Ian Goldsmith.
>England.
>
>Dibrah Torah kilshone bnei-adam
>'The Torah spoke in the language of ordinary men.'
>Berakot 31b

$subst('Email.Unsub')

--
Stud.Theol. Andrew Wergeland
Fakultetslærar (vik.) - Det gamle testamentet (Hebraisk) /

Det teologiske Menighetsfakultet /
The Nowegian Lutheran School of Theology
Postboks 5144, Majorstua
N-0302 OSLO

Tlf: (+47) 22 59 05 00 (sentralbord/switchboard) / 22 59 06 10
(direkte/office)
Fax: (+47) 22 69 18 90
E-mail: Andrew.Wergeland AT mf.no

  • Fonts., Ian Goldsmith, 09/27/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Fonts., Andrew . Wergeland, 09/27/2002