b-hebrew - Re: Thoughts on this book?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Johannes Hellberg <j.hellberg AT forsfak.been.o.se>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Thoughts on this book?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:34:38 +0200

It just indicates which page or pragraph to look in. The alternative would
probably cause a multi-volume work, since Putnam includes references to 14
different grammars.
This book is useful, especially when "your favorite grammar" doesn't comment
the problem you are facing. Then you can check out in Putnam if a trip to
the library is worth its effort (sometimes it isn't although, but such is
life ;-)).

Johannes