b-hebrew - barry fell and american paleo-hebrew glyphs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT escape.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: barry fell and american paleo-hebrew glyphs
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:21:33 -0400

Shalom b-hebrew,

Jason
Has anyone heard of Barry Fell? I need to know if anyone has done any
credible study AGAINST his claims. Thanks!!

Schmuel

Good question.. prompted me to do a web search ..

Here is a mixed bag of references....

http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk/loslunas.html by Virgil Brown
Barry Fell and the Los Lunas Inscription

http://www.cnc.bc.ca/yinkadene/dakinfo/celticp.htm
Is Carrier Celtic?

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/6726/websites.htm
Epigrpahy Society mentions 2 books, one likely to be critical
Feder, Kenneth L. (Ph.D.) "Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries"
Fingerhut, Eugene R. "Explorers of Pre-Columbian America?"

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/01/001stengel2.htm
The Case of Barry Fell - Atlantic Magazine Jan 2000 - seems to be balanced article
You can look for more in their letters sections... and maybe related articles

http://pub26.ezboard.com/fpacumenispagesfrm47.showMessage?topicID=178.topic
Discussions of the Anthon Transcript from lds viewpoint

http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/ANE/OI_ANE.html
ANE Digest discusses a lot of this
e.g. http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/ANE/ANE-DIGEST/1999/v1999.n353
DISCUSSION LIST FOR THE STUDY OF THE ANCIENT NEAR EAST
You might want to peruse the digests or see about posting on the forum

Fairly sympathetic, interesting..

http://www.trends.ca/~yuku/tran/tfell.htm
Barry Fell discussed by Yuri Kuchinsky and some email discussions

http://www.unitedisrael.org/loslunas.html
http://www.restorationrecords.com/articles/loslunas.htm
Professor James Tabor's views

http://www.cryptohistory.com/index.html
Who Was Barry Fell, and Why Are They Saying Those Terrible Things About Him?
... has a few interesting links, the site is generally pro ...

Keep us informed :-)

Steven Avery
Bayside, NY

schmuel AT escape.com

Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com