b-hebrew - An orange world.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b- hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: An orange world.
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:44:01 +0100 (BST)

Liz.
I like Diego's orange from the Talmud(?), very
a-pealing!
Would the peel be the raqia' or the zest?
Actually to my knowledge an orange hasn't an
atmosphere, more a scent really. A pithy proposition
though! However this could lead to another fruitless
discussion possibly:)
Thanks.
Ian.

> Would the orange include the sky, the raqia'?
> or is it only the earth, the aretz?
> Liz

=====
Ian Goldsmith.
England.

Dibrah Torah kilshone bnei-adam
'The Torah spoke in the language of ordinary men.'
Berakot 31b