b-hebrew - where is YHWH -- was raqia encore

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: where is YHWH -- was raqia encore
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 09:01:20 -0400

This suggests that God is under it, holding it up.
Not on it.
A student once asked me where God was, on top or under it.
I answered on top, because of the scenes in Ezekiel and Exodus
24. Tho of course he walks in the gardern of Eden.
But this suggests that the targumist interprets him as under it,
standing on the earth.

Liz

> Ian
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [lizfried AT umich.edu]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

  • where is YHWH -- was raqia encore, Lisbeth S. Fried, 07/20/2002