b-hebrew - RE: Aleppo vs. Leningrad Codex vs. BHS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Aleppo vs. Leningrad Codex vs. BHS
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:19:55 -0400

Dear All,
I'm glad to hear a question about this, and also would
like an answer. THere is a difference in the verse
numbering in Exodus 20 between the BHS and some
other Hebrew editions, e.g., the one used by Rashi. Is
the one in BHS an error? What are the verse divisions
in the Leningrad Codex? (Does the Leningrad Codex have
cantillation marks to indicate verse endings?)
Liz Fried