b-hebrew - Leviticus 12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brent Emery" <brent.lynn.emery AT prodigy.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Leviticus 12
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:19:11 -0700

I am hopeful that someone on this list will know the outside references to
my question. In looking at Leviticus 12 there are two different amounts of
time a woman must wait before she could re-enter the tabernacle depending on
whether she had a boy or girl. My question is this: What happened when she
had twins? The text does not deal with this topic but it must have come up
somewhere in the rabbinic discussions. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. shalom, brent emery

  • Leviticus 12, Brent Emery, 06/09/2002