b-hebrew - Hebrew/Arabic Verb

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Stewart" <jack_stewart_ AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Hebrew/Arabic Verb
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:11:16 +0000

Hello -

I have been working on some Qur'anic arabic lately and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas where to begin to look for material concerning the relationship between the BH verb and the classical Arabic verb. I am particularly interested in the similarities between the Binyanim and the common 10 Arabic forms (fa'ala, fa''ala, faa'ala, af'ala etc.)

Thanks

Jack Stewart

Oxford, UK

  • Hebrew/Arabic Verb, Jack Stewart, 05/22/2002