b-hebrew - RE: VIRUS WARNING

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Smith" <kens AT 180solutions.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: VIRUS WARNING
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:09:08 -0800

Your network administrator shouldn't be so gullible.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wtc.survivor.hoa
x.html

It's a hoax. ALL OF THESE VIRUS WARNINGS ARE HOAXES. (Well, 99.9% of
them are.) The hoax is the virus. And at any rate, it's bad form to
send them to an email list that has nothing to do with computer
security.

SMITH'S LAW: For every real virus warning, there are 1000 hoax warnings.
SMITH'S COROLLARY: For every real virus warning that serves any purpose,
there are 1,000,000 warnings that should never have been sent.

Ken Smith