b-hebrew - RE: provoked prophesy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Smith" <kens AT 180solutions.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: provoked prophesy
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:14:26 -0800

I've heard that claim with regard to music (see 2 Kings 3:15), but never
with regard to alcohol -- perhaps due simply to my ignorance. The
closest I can think of would be Is. 28:7 ---

These also reel with wine and stagger with strong drink; the priest and
the prophet reel with strong drink, they are confused with wine, they
stagger with strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in giving
judgment.

But that's probably marginal evidence at best for the position you're
referring to. Anyone else?

Ken Smith