b-hebrew - Biblical Hebrew and Qur'anic Arabic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Stewart" <jack_stewart_ AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Biblical Hebrew and Qur'anic Arabic
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 04:03:22 -0500

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on the list would be able to suggest any
critical works (dictionaries, grammars, whatever...) which compare
Biblical Hebrew and the Arabic of the Qur'an. I am interested in every
possible parallel between the languages (syntax, diction, verb formations
etc.).

Thanks in advance!

Jack Stewart

Oxford, U.K.

  • Biblical Hebrew and Qur'anic Arabic, Jack Stewart, 03/09/2002