b-hebrew - God as a Torch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: God as a Torch
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:24:33 +0100

Dear Eric,

I have posited that the Torch is symbolic of God's presence, and that it is
God himself as a torch passing between the bodies of the animals, swearing
an oath to Abraham. The gods were spoken of at times as "Torches". Cf. my
article titled "Fiery Gods,"
http://www.bibleorigins.net/FierygodsYahwehAsshurMarduk.html

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld