b-hebrew - Re: Grammar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Grammar
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:44:29 EST

In a message dated 1/6/2002 11:25:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, ButhFam AT compuserve.com writes:

If you are talking about learning Hebrew, then the place to
start is through "listening comprehension" available in
Living Biblical Hebrew for Everyone, v. 1 + 3 CDs.

Not to downplay Randall's personal contribution (which I have not seen), I think J Weingreen's "A Practical Grammar for Classical Hebrew" is still good.  Also, it's cheap - $15 at Borders. The classic "Gesenius' Hebrew Grammar" is still of value as well.  Most, however, will opt for the newer grammars which have been mentioned.

gfsomsel

  • Grammar, yosef limbers, 01/05/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • re: Grammar, Randall Buth, 01/06/2002